Want to use one of my mods in a mod pack? That's awesome! I'm really excited you chose one of my mods. All of my mods are released under the GPL v3 license, so you're legally granted the rights to redistribute my mods as long as you:
- Retain the license information.
- Let players know where they can find the mod's source.
These are the conditions of the GPL license. All forms of the mods that I distribute contain these things in the mod's jar file. As log as you don't modify the jar file, you don't have to do anything.
I would really appreciate it if you would also do these things:
- Actually tell players my mod is in your modpack when they download it.
- Include a link to this website so players can find out information about the mod.
- Let me know you added my mod to your modpack. I'm just curious. =)
If you don't actually do these things, I won't (and can't) sue you, but I may not like you very much either. It's good to be nice to the developers whose mods you're using. Especially if you want them to keep making mods for you.